Our environment is extremely important to us! This is why we are always seeking ways to optimise our electricity, gas and water consumption and to break ingrained habits and minimise environmental pollution.
Stanzwerk Wetter Sichelschmidt GmbH & Co. KG is therefore delighted with the successful participation in the third ÖKOPROFIT project Ennepe-Ruhr-Kreis 2016/17!
The following measures, among others, were carried out as part of this project:
- Replacement of fluorescent tubes with LED lights in various departments.
- Replacement of the old refrigeration dryer with a more efficient model.
- Insulation of the heating pipes in various areas and the hydraulic balancing of heaters and radiators
- Exchange of the wooden container from 10 m3 to 40 m3 and reduction of collections.
- Optimisation of the fuel gas supply for forklifts by converting to a bayonet lock.
The implementation of the above measures can achieve annual savings of 94,253 kWh hours of energy and 55.1 tons of CO2.
The European Union also supports projects to optimise energy. Stanzwerk Salzwedel GmbH & Co. KG invests this subsidy in energy efficiency measures such as:
- New compressor technology
Two compressors were replaced in the compressed air station. The speed control and control adjustments enable the devices to operate more efficiently.
- New heating technology
The existing gas boilers were replaced by two gas condensing boilers. A new gas block-type thermal power station has also been installed.
- The installation of high-efficiency pumps
All the heating pumps have been replaced by energy-saving, high-efficiency pumps.
- The modernization of the paint drying system
In the paint shop, an economical gas surface burner has replaced the old oil burner.
- LED lighting
The old fluorescent tubes have been replaced by economical and brighter LED tubes.
These measures enable us to cut our consumption of electricity and gas. As a result, 400 tons less of CO2 is produced, thus contributing to environmental protection.